GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
Analyst number 12494
Managed Security Service Provider (April 2017 - March 2022)
Enterprise Analyst - Worked as the single point of contact and dedicated security analyst for a small group of clients. Interfaced directly with client security and IT teams to ensure maximum visibility before incidents and guide remediation afterward. Performed threat hunting to identify previously unseen threats and guide detection tuning. Created saved searches for future hunting, correlation-based alerting, and recurring reports. Trained and mentored new analysts. Assisted documentation teams, both internal and public-facing.
Intrusion Analyst - Monitored a global fleet of network intrusion detection systems (NIDS). Worked with customers to to configure and deploy their IDS to ensure visibility into network traffic consistent with their security monitoring goals. Analyzed events and incidents to determine success and threat level, escalating when necessary and providing remediation and prevention guidance. Investigated missed attacks and worked with other departments to prevent future failures and further enhance our security posture across the fleet.
Bare Metal Server Provider (August 2015 - May 2016)
- Support Technician - Provided support via phone and ticket system for Linux and Windows servers primarily used for web hosting. Support included initial server setup, configuration, and application support. Assisted with the duties of the abuse and billing departments.
Webhosting Software (May 2013 - July 2015)
- Technical Analyst - Worked as first tier support via ticket. Assisted with third party development, including providing support for clients’ custom addons and API interactions.
Webhost (December 2009 - February 2013)
- Development QA - Acted as an SME for company tools. Triaged all bug reports and feature requests. Worked toward establishing an automated testing platform.
- Billing - Worked with a home-grown billing system to service customer requests. Acted as initial point of contact on new servers, including configuration. Supervised and managed a team of 6-10. Worked to form policies to improve efficiency and consistency. Performed audits of the billing system.
- Training - Trained new hires to be chat technicians in a classroom setting. Worked to keep training up to date and to refine the training system to be the as efficient as possible.
- Support - Worked as first tier support via phone and online livechat, escalating to higher level administrators when necessary.